One Hawaiian staple, that is a must...is SPAM!
I'll admit, it sounds worse than it is. But TRUST me, if you are lookin' for a quick meal with some island rootz, anything with SPAM is great! It's probably the EASIEST recipe on this site.
6 cups of Steamed Sticky Rice
2 cans of Corn
1 can of Spam
- Steam up some rice. (We prefer Calrose, not the healthiest--but we love
- Boil the corn, add 1 TBSP of salted butter and lots of black pepper. Set this aside.
- In a cup, mix 2 TBSP water with 2 TBSP Soy Sauce or Shoyu (We like Aloha brand--it's theeee best!)- Set aside.
- Measure 1 TBSP White Sugar- Set Aside
- Open some Spam.
- Slice it up any way you like.
- Heat a frying pan....fry it up on both sides. I don't use any oil...it's not necessary if you have a good pan.
- After browning each side of the spam, make an open area in the middle of the pan.
- Sprinkle the Sugar and immediately pour the water/soy sauce mixture on and stir to make a sauce. Coat the spam then remove the pan from the heat after a minute.
- Once the rice is cooked, place a scoop of rice on a plate, sprinkle the Furikake Rice Seasoning over the rice. Top it with the spam and put the corn on the side.