Friday, September 25, 2009

Banana Pancakes with Macadamia Nut Sauce



'Onolicious Banana PANCAKES



* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon white sugar
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 pinch of salt
* 1 egg, beaten
* 1 cup milk
* 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 2 ripe bananas, mashed
(Place bananas in Ziploc bags, zip and squish!)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Dash of Cinnamon if you like...





1. Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas.
2. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides; serve hot.



Macadamia Nut Sauce

1. c. macadamia nuts
1 T. butter
2 T. flour
1 c. whole milk
1 c. cream
3 T. sugar
A pinch of salt
2 TSP vanilla extract
3/4 tsp. lemon juice



Grind macadamia nuts in a food processor until fine. Place nuts into a medium saucepan and fry over medium high heat for 5 min or until fragrant. Remove from pan, and set aside. Lower heat to medium and add the butter, stirring until melted. Stir in flour and cook 1 min. Slowly pour in milk and cream, constantly whisking the whole time. Add sugar, salt, vanilla to the pan. Cook 5 min or until thickened, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice. Pour sauce into a serving dish. Serve warm and sprinkle the Macadamia nuts on top of each serving.

**Serve over ice cream or banana pancakes.....sooooo GOOOOOOOOooooD!!**




Photobucket

19 comments:

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" said...

We just had fluffy pancakes w/strawberry sauce & whipped cream! This macadamia nut cream sauce sounds really good! I'll have to mark this one!

=)

CrystalsCozyKitchen said...

I've never heard of a macadamia nut sauce, but I'm melting at the thought. I LOVE macadamia nuts! YUM!

Jodatoa said...

OMG! This looks amazingly delicious! Seriously I'm getting hungry right now, lol.

Mapuana Reed Mataele said...

OMG!!! This looks so yummy. I'm printing out the recipe now and hopefully Stan will make these for breakfast. Love this blog girl and all the recipes. I feel another 10 pound coming on before Christmas :).

R Max said...

MALO E LELEI!!

Oh no you didn't! I'm on a diet!!!!
What's up with all this poly food making me all homesick???

(NICE BLOGS btw!)

Atelier Conti said...

Ooh, you're making me very hungry! Beautiful food photos. I love new recipes. Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

This sounds so good, I am going to give this recipe a try. Just to be certain, how much cream is used?
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I've been searching for this recipe for the longest time! I only eat these pancakes when I visit Boots and Kimos in Honolulu. They are the most amazing pancakes ever. It was never the same coming home to have them. I can finally make them at home! Delish!

Julie said...

These are the most amazing pankcakes ever. I only eat them when I go to boots and kimos because its the only place I know that makes them like this in Honolulu. Plus I can't ever find them when I come home. Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it out!

Anonymous said...

we Just had this incredible pancake at Kimo and Boots in Kailua , oahu. Well worth the drive , bought it to go and ate at Kailua beach for brunch. It's heaven on hawaii!!!!!! a must-have!!!!

Koko Resorts said...

I can't wait to try this recipe. I too love Boots and Kimo's and I can't wait to make this myself. The drive to Kailua sometimes is just too far.

However, this recipe appears to have a slight typo error in it. I am assuming that c. cream in the sauce is referring to 1 cup cream. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mahalo again for posting the recipe to this island classic.

Anonymous said...

Wow, how decadent of a breakfast. I went to Hawaii in April and it had been about 10 years since I was there before. I forgot how wonderful the food is and versatile. Mahalo for such a great recipe. Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm a cooking-noob. Is 'cream' like whipped cream or like heavy whipping cream? Mahalo in advance!

Anonymous said...

One tsp is way to salty I recommend just a pinch of salt but other than that its mean.

Don said...

Can anyone say if this is the same as Boots and Kimos? I would make my GF incredibly happy if I pulled off a similar culinary experience...

Anonymous said...

Don,
It was exactly same as B&K in Kailua!!

Robbie vigil said...

Way too much salt, just a small pinch in the sauce will do. Very close to B&K's.

JC Stover said...

I am so excited to try this. I was in Oahu two years ago and those were the BEST pancakes I have ever had. I tell my friends about Boots & Kimos and those pancakes and that sauce are the best. I plan on trying them out.

Lanie said...

We just left Oahu a month ago and one of our last places to eat was Boots and Kimo's. My husband is gonna die if I pull this off right and just in time for Fathers Day! Mahalo for sharing!