Monday, August 10, 2009

COCONUT- GINGER RICE

I haven't tried this recipe out yet, but it sure sounds and looks so good! I just found this website called Recipe Girl and I love it! Here is one recipe that looks 'Ono-licious!




  • ¼ cup butter
  • 2 Tbs sushi ginger, drained and chopped (ask at your market’s sushi counter)
  • 2 Tbs fresh garlic, minced
  • ½ cup yellow onions, finely diced
  • 2 cups rice (Uncle Ben’s Converted)
  • ½ cup coconut milk
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/8 tsp white pepper
  • 1 Tbs basil pesto

1. Melt butter in medium-sized pot over medium heat.

2. Add ginger, garlic and onions, stir frequently until onions are transparent. Add rice, turning frequently until well coated. Add coconut milk, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for approximately 20 minutes (until liquid is absorbed.)

3. Remove from heat and let stand 5-6 minutes. Turn rice into serving bowl, add basil pesto and toss with fork to fluff and distribute flavor.

Servings: 8

Recipe Source: Blue Mesa Grill







Photobucket

2 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

Hey There, Great site you have here. Thanks for the link. I don't mind that you shared the recipe, but please, please do ask first if you'd like to share a picture that I've taken. Appreciate it!! Thanks a bunch :)

Country Cookin' Mama said...

Looks yummy! Have you ever made pasteles? They are a Puerto Rican dish, but where I grew up in California, there was a place called The Pastele Factory and polynesian folks ran it. So maybe it's polynesian too? I don't know. I'm part Puerto Rican, but I've never made them. Just wondering if you knew. Thanks!