This Recipe is from: Recipe Zaar
35 min | 15 min prep
SERVES 5 -7
- 5 lbs thin cut tender short rib of beef, cross cut,about 1/2 inch thick (Can substitute chuck steak.)
- 2 cups soy sauce (I use 1/2 aloha brand and 1/2 yamasa brand.)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or chopped fine
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted seseme oil
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sesame seed, toasted until they pop and turn light brown (optional)
- 1 little red pepper paste or red chilies (optional)
- Place ribs in a glass dish or a tupperware marinator.
- Mix all ingrediants except for the optional ones in a pan and warm until the sugar melts, then cool.
- Pour marinade over ribs, add optional ingredients if you like, and place in the refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, mixing up occasionally to make sure all ribs are covered with sauce.
- Grill or broil until sizziling,being careful not to burn because of the sugar.