Cassava(This can be purchased already grated at some asian or latino markets)
Coconut Milk (Canned works just fine)
Bit of brown sugar and butter
1. Use a grate to scrape the cassava into small pieces smaller than a grain of rice.
2. Do the same with the Coconut, then squeeze the milk out of the coconut.
3. Mix the scraped cassava with sugar to make it a nice brown color
4. Add the coconut milk to create a thick mixture
5. Rub the inside of a cake pan with butter to prevent sticking**see below
6. Put it straight away into a hot oven - this is not a bread so the cake takes about 45 minutes to make.
7. The cake should have a firm but moist and soft feel and be brown on top with a thin skin.
8. Cut and enjoy!
Cassava cake is delicious and is normally served with afternoon tea or breakfast.
**The cake can also be baked individually in foil, and seal well.