Hawaiian Pork Hash
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Ready In: 50 Minutes
Yields: 25 servings
* 1/4 pound shrimp - peeled, deveined and minced to a paste
* 1 egg white
* 2 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
* 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
* 2 tablespoons cornstarch
* 2 teaspoons soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon white sugar
* 1 teaspoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
* 1 (14 ounce) package round dumpling skins
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground pork, shrimp, egg white, water chestnuts, green onion, cornstarch, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, and sesame oil.
2. Place about 1 tablespoon of this filling onto the center of each dumpling wrapper, and bring the sides up to the top. Do not seal the top, as these dumplings are left open.
Place dumplings in a steamer.
3. Set the steamer basket over a pan or wok of boiling water. Steam for 30 minutes.