Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cooked Green Bananas in Coconut Milk




Cooked Green Banana in coconut milk

Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings

"This simple take on a traditional Polynesian dish, requires
only some unripe bananas, coconut milk, and an onion."

INGREDIENTS:
(13.5 ounce) cans coconut
6 small unripe (green) bananas
1 large onion chopped

DIRECTIONS:

  • Combine the coconut milk and onion in a bowl; set aside.
  • Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat.
  • Boil the bananas in their skin for 30 to 40 minutes; drain.
  • Run the bananas under cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
  • Remove the bananas whole from their skins.
  • Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
  • Place the bananas in the pan.
  • Pour the coconut milk mixture over the bananas.
  • Cook until the coconut milk is foamy.
  • Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.

5 comments:

Mother Goose said...

oh for the love! I love this!

Iverson's, the bomb.com baby :) said...

I love love this, My friends husband is Samoan and he made this for dinner a few weeks ago and I loved it. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!

devri said...

How in the world did you know I was haka those nasty things tonight.. Thanks, now maybe they will take better now.

devri said...

And let me just state for the record....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

In your Face Maka-

He has for years told me that I was weird for getting a skin irratation while haka taro.

I am sooooooooo showing that post to him....

He thought he could get away with it,,, I am the winner!!!!!

Anonymous said...

i love your blog... love me some poly food. sadly this poly can't cook.