Source: King's Hawaiian Bakery
2 1/2 cups half-and-half
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (9 oz.)
4 large eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
6 cups lightly packed 1/2-inch cubes King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread(about half of 16 oz. loaf)
- Heat half-and-half in 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge.
- Remove from heat, stir in chocolate, mix until melted. Cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Fold 1 cup cooled chocolate into egg mixture.
- Stir in remaining chocolate until blended.
- Pour chocolate mixture over bread cubes and mix until bread is well coated.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Lightly apply non-stick spray to six 6-oz. custard cups. Mound bread equally into each cup*.
- Place cups on baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out nearly clean.
- Best served warm with chocolate or vanilla sauce. *A greased 8x8x2-inch pan may be substituted. Bake 40-45 minutes in preheated 325° F oven.